There are three types of password that a Belkin router user should know i.e., Administrator password, guest network password & Wi-Fi password.
This password is used to login into web-based setup page of Belkin router. If you know the administrator password then you can change any of the configurations in your router. If you forgot administrator password then you have to reset Belkin router to factory defaults.
Guest network Password
If you are connecting to a guest network then guest network password is used.
If you want to connect wirelessly then WiFi password is needed. It also helps us to limit the number of users that are connected to your network.
Changing Belkin Router’s Password –
- First of all, you have to connect Belkin router to your computer. You have to insert ethernet cable into one of the 4 LAN or wired ports of the router.
- Move to your computer and then tap on green Belkin Router Manager icon. By doing this, a menu will open where you have to choose Router Settings.
- Then, the process towards top-right corner of the page and then click on Login.
- If you have any Belkin router’s password then enter that one otherwise leave the field blank and click on Submit button. By default, Belkin router’s password field is blank.
- Next, move to left navigation panel and then click on Security.
- To modify the wireless password, you have to follow the instructions-
a) For WPA/WPA2 – Personal (PSK) Security Mode
Move to the Pre-shared key field as this is your wireless network’s security key. In the Pre-shared key field, you can enter your preferred password. Make sure the PSK must be 8 to 63 characters in length. After entering PSK, uncheck the Obscure PSK box.
b) For 64 bit WEP Security mode –
Choose Key 1 and then enter any 10 hexadecimal digits. Alternatively, you can also enter your preferred password in the Pre-Shared key field and then click on Generate. Now your Belkin router will generate a WEP key.
Finally, click on the option “Apply Changes” and save the entire settings.
Once you made these changes, all wireless devices that are currently connected to Belkin router network will get disconnected. So, at this moment, you have to reconnect them by using the new password that you have setup recently.
How is Customer Support for Belkin Utterly Fantastic?
If you encounter any kind of problem while changing Belkin router password then get in touch with professionals at technical support for Belkin. With the help of highly qualified and well-trained experts, customer support for Belkin comes up with world-class treatment for your Belkin router. We take care of every Belkin router user by offering satisfactory technical assistance for Belkin. So, whenever Belkin router issues have become a barrier in your ongoing tasks then you should immediately contact router helpline for Belkin. Users can use live chat support as well as technical support number for Belkin.