How to use Belkin Router as a Range Extender?
Date : Mar 19, 2019
Views : 74
Comments : 0
Category : Belkin Customer Care Helpline, Belkin Customer Support
Belkin is popular company which produces quality networking devices such as routers and extenders. Belkin routers are high performing routers as they provide high internet speed, better connectivity and a parental control feature which helps to keep your children safe and away from the malwares which are present online.
These Belkin routers Technical support gives you the best of gaming experience and have an intelligent web browser interface which helps in the easy setup of your Belkin router. Belkin routers have a built-in web-based setup page that allows its users to configure the advanced features of the device. The feature which sets the Belkin router aside from the competition is that you can use the “Belkin router as a Range Extender” as well.
Features of Belkin Router:-
- It is an easy way to set up with your tablet, Smartphone or computer
- It delivers high speed of internet along with the assurance of seamless wireless connectivity
- Many users worldwide can play games online, stream online videos
- Easily connected to Belkin range extender
- Use your ‘Belkin router’ as an extender
- It do increases the network coverage throughout your home or at workplace (if placed then)
If you have a big house or a broad office space then a single router will not match up with your internet speed. In that case, you should go for the next setup of Belkin router which is bridging. Now, use bridging for this sort of setup. Bridging means to enable the bridging feature of your router and adding additional routers.
A Wireless Bridge can be set up by Following Steps:
- As, a initial step you have to check all the routers involved to convert the second router into the Belkin wifi range extender that they support wireless bridging. Check this out by looking at the labels, on the product box or by visiting the Belkin website.
- Now you have to connect the main router to a computer by an Ethernet cable. Make sure you plug the cable into the right LAN port for belkin router technical support.
- It's time to Launch a web browser and type the router’s IP address in the address bar, click enter. The IP address is 192.168.1.1. On default for most of the Belkin Routers. But this is not necessary that will work.
- Enter your login credentials which you have set , but the default username is ‘admin’ and the default password is blank.
- Move to the LAN settings on the Status page and note down the router’s MAC address. Time to open a notepad or MS Word to copy/paste the address into the document. The MAC address is also printed on a sticker on the router commonly.
- Now you have to do the ‘Wireless’ tab and click on the ‘Wireless Bridge’ sub-tab.
- Now time to check the ‘Enable Wireless Bridging’ and ‘Enable ONLY specific Access Points to connect’ box.
- Enter the main router’s MAC address in the fields which are provided next to AP1. Type second router’s MAC address just by AP2. To get the second router’s MAC address, retain it from packaging. An an extra step you have to bridge more routers then add their MAC addresses.
- Click on ‘Apply Changes’.
- Structure is necessary to the channel and SSID information to match with the first router and also for belkin router technical support.
- Essential is to reboot both the router by unplugging and plugging the power cables. Wait for a moment till they fully reboot.
As a user, you have successfully converted your second router into the Belkin wifi range extender.