Belkin routers are an outstanding resource and a renowned name in the market of electronic consumers. Belkin routers are known for their excellent service and providing high quality internet connectivity and fast speed. There are a few Belkin routers supporting a USB port that acquiesce you to change a external hard drive into an economical and modest , network-attached storage (NAS) device in a matter of seconds.If you are connected, any computer aquilined to the router can access files and folders on the drive. You can use this feature as a savour for your small business money by eliminating the need for a file server or a more expensive NAS solution.
Through USB sharing, you can share files across your network wirelessly by connecting your USB storage drive, or other devices to the USB port on the rear end of your router. Belkin router permits all the computers and devices on your network to ingress these files without being directly connected to the storage device. It is mandatory for the computer that will access the storage device needs to install the Belkin Router Manager software.
Connecting your usb storage device and sharing files
- Connect your USB device into the USB port on the back of your router.Hold up until the light over the USB port is lit green, this shows the connected storage device is now accessible to all the computers on your network.
- Right-tap on the Belkin Router Manager symbol on the System Tray. In case, you are utilizing a Mac, this can be found in the Menu Bar.
- Float your mouse over Networked USB Devices. At that point tap the Belkin USB Print and Storage Center.
- Pick the capacity gadget that you need access to. You may double tap the picture to peruse, or select the picture and snap Browse.
- You ought to have effectively associated a USB storage and offer documents over your system now